Photo
- - - - -

Voicemails when travelling with Roamer

Voicemail

Best Answer Aleksandra , 26 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hi!

Roamer does not yet support voicemail, so if you miss a call the other party will not receive any message. It works just like a regular missed call.

We do plan to add this feature eventually, so stay tuned to our updates ^_^

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

How is voicemail handled by Roamer ? I have voicemail setup on my local sim in my home country. If I don't answer a call to my local number with Roamer active and overseas what happens to that call ?

#2 Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:51 AM   Best Answer

Hi!

Roamer does not yet support voicemail, so if you miss a call the other party will not receive any message. It works just like a regular missed call.

We do plan to add this feature eventually, so stay tuned to our updates ^_^

#3 Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hi,

Just following on from voicemail, I notice that once my number is parked and there is no Sim Card in my phone, people trying to call my phone get an engaged signal (because my regular number is parked). I maybe in transit prior to inserting my new sim card (international) for several hours. Since there is no voicemail, or dial tone people trying to call me might get confused with the status of my phone.

Is it possible for Roamer to play a generic message to callers to say that this number cannot be connected because it is inflight ? Or something similar. That way people calling will at least know why the number isn't working and they can try again later, hopefully when the new sim card is inserted and the number is active again.

Cheers,

Agent_Smith

#4 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for suggestion, will add that message next week.

#5 Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

Maybe something that plays the Roamer theme song (from the youtube clip) then says that the person is in transit and to try again later on. This lets callers know that the phone is parked with Roamer.

Agent_Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users