Photo
- - - - -

Allow Roamer to accept any SIM card (event it's not local)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 svoshchykov

svoshchykov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

I'm going to use Roamer with International SIM card that allows me to receive calls in 90+ countries for free. There're several mobile providers available on the market and one of them is WorldSIM. It provides a user with UK number that you can use in almost every country in the World. So my idea is to use such a SIM with Roamer. In this case Roamer will forward all calls from my home country number to the UK number and I receive them. Everything looks great but Roamer accepts just local SIM cards. It means that if I use this UK SIM card while traveling in USA, Roamer doesn't accept it.  And that screws up the whole idea.

I hope the idea is pretty simple and it's worth to be considered. And it could be easily implemented in the application. All that needs to be done is to accept non-local SIM cards.  

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

The idea is good, and we had it about a year ago, when we started Roamer. Unfortunately everything is screwed up by the fact all "tourist" sim cards have an incoming call charge, which is 10-15 cents for incoming minute (at least).

In case your SIM does not have incoming call charge (as it might seem), the fact is the party who is calling you has to pay (e.g. SIM cards with Estonian premium number, which costs 30-40 cents per minute for a caller).

One more drawback - if we start to accept non-local SIM cards in the app, that would end up in enormous roaming bills for users who dont really understand how it works and what they are doing. Sorry.

Nick

#3 ovclowrw

ovclowrw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

This is a good idea.

I have an Asian SIM card with relatively cheap roaming rates in several Asia countries. It would be good if Roamer allows me to forward my calls to this SIM card even I am not in the issuing country of the card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users