Photo
- - - - -

Support for multiple phones

Best Answer Arthur , 30 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Actually, if you install Roamer on both devices and login using the same number, you can get the option you are looking for.

Example:

1) Install Roamer on the UK device and login using the UK number

2) Install Roamer on the phone for Germany and login using the UK number again

- please be aware, that if you are using German SIM in UK, then you are in Roaming, so it's better to login using Wi-Fi

- at this point, you should get a Roaming warning on the phone for Germany (don't worry, it will work when you arrive there)

3) Park your UK number using the first device and confirm call forwarding.

4) Arrive in Germany and activate your number there using the device from step 2 and you are good to go!

Just remember to "unpark" your UK number using the first device when you get back.

Hope that helps!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChristopherColumbus

ChristopherColumbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I travel from the UK to Germany every week. I have a phone for home, and phone that I just use when I'm in Germany.

However Roamer doesn't allow me to "park" my number from one phone, and "activate/divert" that same number to the 2nd phone. Instead, I'm forced to swap SIM cards if I want to benefit from Roamer.

Since Roamer already knows my username, what would be great would be to associate more than one phone (and number) with an account.

Until that happens I'll continue to pay through the nose for call diversion, since it's too much hassle swapping SIM cards every week.

#2 Arthur

Arthur

• Administrators
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:11 AM   Best Answer

Actually, if you install Roamer on both devices and login using the same number, you can get the option you are looking for.

Example:

1) Install Roamer on the UK device and login using the UK number

2) Install Roamer on the phone for Germany and login using the UK number again

- please be aware, that if you are using German SIM in UK, then you are in Roaming, so it's better to login using Wi-Fi

- at this point, you should get a Roaming warning on the phone for Germany (don't worry, it will work when you arrive there)

3) Park your UK number using the first device and confirm call forwarding.

4) Arrive in Germany and activate your number there using the device from step 2 and you are good to go!

Just remember to "unpark" your UK number using the first device when you get back.

Hope that helps!

#3 ChristopherColumbus

ChristopherColumbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However what you've described doesn't work for me.

I can't log in to Roamer on the German phone if I'm in the UK. - I get a message "Roamer needs a local SIM card to function properly".

#4 Arthur

Arthur

• Administrators
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. However what you've described doesn't work for me.

I can't log in to Roamer on the German phone if I'm in the UK. - I get a message "Roamer needs a local SIM card to function properly".

That's strange, it should let you log in.

The reason you're getting the "in roaming" message, is because you're already logged in to the app. You need to reinstall the app on the German phone or delete the user data (on Android). After that you will be able to log in without swaping SIM cards.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users