Agent_Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hi,

What happens in this situation.

I'm heading overseas and I park my number to use Roamer with an international sim card. When I get overseas I decide that I don't want to get a local sim and would just like to use my regular number because I'm not expecting to take or make any phone calls. How do I deactive Roamer and un-park my number to use my phone as normal (obvious roaming charges will apply). Or if something goes wrong and it's required to default back to normal operation?

Is this possible? I figure that I just put my regular sim card in and un-park my number.

Thanks,

Agent_Smith

#2 Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi,

You can un-park your number at any time by inserting your original SIM card and disabling call forwarding in your phone settings.

If you're using an iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and turn forwarding OFF.

On Android, open your phone Dialer, tap Menu and choose Call Settings > Call Forwarding > Voice Call > Always Forward and turn off call forwarding.

#3 Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Please note, that you will not be able to set up number parking again until you return to your home country.

#4 Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

If I were to use it again wouldn't Roamer just give me a new temp number instead ? Similar to what to do if I have forgotten to park my number before travelling overseas ?

#5 Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yes, if you un-park your number while abroad and launch Roamer - it will offer a temporary number instead of your regular home number.

Technically, after you receive your temporary number you can contact tech. support and request that they switch parking back to your regular number, but this is more of a last resort option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users