• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paul38

paul38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I am considering Roamerapp for making cheap international calls from home permanently.

I am living in France but make regular phone calls to a mobile phone in Lithuania. This costs me 0.28€/min from my landline or 0.39€/min from my (French) mobile.

Now I consider getting the Roamerapp, get no Lithuanian SIM but let Roamerapp generate me a Lithuanian number and then call Lithuania through Roamerapp which, if I read the rates correctly, would cost me 0.08€/min.

Is this technically correct?

Is this a justified use of the application or will I get booted out?

If it is OK to use the app in this way, will I keep my virtual Lithuanian number (as long as I make 1 call per month) or will it have to be regenerated regularly?

thanks for your advice,

Paul.

#2 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Paul, you can easily do this, however it will not generate a random number. You will need your authorize your Lithuanian SIM (by entering SMS code we send you). Then Roamer will use this Lithuanian number for outgoing calls, even with french sim inserted.

Nick

#3 paul38

paul38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for this clarification. However it will not work for me, as I do not have a Lithuanian SIM, nor do I intend to acquire one as I almost never go there (last time was in 2007) - it's the family that lives there.

#4 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

You can ask someone to buy a cheapest SIM, then enter its number when registering in Roamer and ask your friend to tell you the code ;) Or you can just register your French number and call from that number to Lithuania at Roamer rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users