Photo
- - - - -

Parking and UnParking for frequent cross-border travelers ...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xfj

xfj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

Hi, Would apreciete any comment.

I´m a frequent cross-border traveler between Spain and Andorra.I´m living in Andorra but working in Spain. I have to call a lot of customers & friends with Spanish numbers, so I have a spanish SIM, that I use mainly staying in Spain. I have also a local SIM in Andorra.

Roaming in Andorra for my spanish SIM is completly crazy for the rates applied by Andorra Telecom mobile company. So I´m trying to use Roamer.

I have realize I can redirect the call in "spanish home SIM" once I´m in Andorra.

But I need a lot of flexibility to park or unpark being in one or other side of the border (not only by forget do it, but by convenience).  

With Roamer, my spanish SIM it will be my Roamer "home SIM", but I should need to park and unpark with no problems being both in Spain or Andorra, even because in some circumstances near the border is able to use one or other SIM / operator. Or cause even, Roamer working right,  in some critical customers issues, I could prefer use the original roaming  charges with the Spanish SIM if no good level of quality is done by using Roamer.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

Hi

Actually you can park and unpark the SIM even abroad, before inserting a local SIM card.

Nick

#3 xfj

xfj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for your answer Nick but the main problem for me is in activate/deactivate the forwarding in the "home SIM".

Triying to change the forwarding abroad with the number Roamer provide for Spain give me an error. Currently (abroad) my "home SIM" has by default forwarding deactivate but it has forwarding activate to another spanish number if busy, if not answered or if call is not established that is basically a voice mailbox. Trying to change anyone of this configurations being abroad  it´s totally imposible.

if I try change it by "automatic" procedure the phone says that "there is a conexion problem or the MMI is not valid" and when the Roamer aks me to continue and validate call forwarding, then  I receive a call from Roamer callback and whe I answer it report that forwarding is not configured for my phone. 

if I try by the "manual" procedure by running the mobile configuration menu (HTC > calls > call forwarding) then I paste the Roamer number for Spain and then it says "Unexpected answer in the net" so I supose that being abroad I can not activate call forwarding...

Thats for me what I mean by park and unpark flexibility... 

Tomorrow I´ll cross the border and then I´ll try to configure the forwarding being in Spain...

Thanks XFJ

#4 rossmaxcorp

rossmaxcorp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

After latest update, which came today to my iphone 6, app started to crash. it doesn't even open anymore, keep crashing all the time. restart the phone didn't help either. I uninstalled the app and wanted to reinstall it again, but I couldn't find app in appstore anymore... where the hell is app??? whats going on???

#5 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for your answer Nick but the main problem for me is in activate/deactivate the forwarding in the "home SIM".

Triying to change the forwarding abroad with the number Roamer provide for Spain give me an error. Currently (abroad) my "home SIM" has by default forwarding deactivate but it has forwarding activate to another spanish number if busy, if not answered or if call is not established that is basically a voice mailbox. Trying to change anyone of this configurations being abroad  it´s totally imposible.

if I try change it by "automatic" procedure the phone says that "there is a conexion problem or the MMI is not valid" and when the Roamer aks me to continue and validate call forwarding, then  I receive a call from Roamer callback and whe I answer it report that forwarding is not configured for my phone. 

if I try by the "manual" procedure by running the mobile configuration menu (HTC > calls > call forwarding) then I paste the Roamer number for Spain and then it says "Unexpected answer in the net" so I supose that being abroad I can not activate call forwarding...

Thats for me what I mean by park and unpark flexibility... 

Tomorrow I´ll cross the border and then I´ll try to configure the forwarding being in Spain...

Thanks XFJ

That means your operator does not allow setting up call forwarding abroad, I guess. Then you need to call their service center and ask them to set up unconditional (!important) forwarding to the number Roamer assigns in Manual mode.

Nick

#6 Nick Ustinov

Nick Ustinov

CEO

• Administrators
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

After latest update, which came today to my iphone 6, app started to crash. it doesn't even open anymore, keep crashing all the time. restart the phone didn't help either. I uninstalled the app and wanted to reinstall it again, but I couldn't find app in appstore anymore... where the hell is app??? whats going on???

It should be back with a bug fixed, please check now.

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users